Thermal pads and putty for Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41-R6CN. looking for thermal pad thickness

Alex_Dtvl
Alex_Dtvl Member Posts: 1 New User
edited 7:08PM in Nitro Gaming

Hello, I have laptop "Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41-R6CN" And I would like to change all thermal pads and thermal putty, but not sure with their thickness and what brand is better to use. I have been looking for information on the internet for a very long time but have not found the information I need. Could you please advise on this issue?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,829 Trailblazer

Acer does not specify the thermal paste and/or thermal pad paste or thermal pads for their laptops. The only product that I can recommend is the Thermal Grizzly thermal products as they as renowned for gaming laptops. Btw I've just changed my paste and vram thermals with the Thermal Grizzly paste and pads on my Nitro AN515-56 laptop, and these products are excellent and the best that I've ever used especially the liquid metal that has reduce CPU temps as much as 20C

This is what I used, Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Extreme liquid metal for the CPU while for the GPU I applied the Kryonaut Extreme that is a high performance paste and for the VRAM chips I applied their Minus Pad Extreme which come in two sizes of 120x20mm and 100x100mm @ thicknesses of 0.5.1.0.1.5,2.0 and 3.0mm. The aim is to have the cpu and gpu paste and vram pads all equally make contact with the thermal module!

Note: be careful with liquid metal as its a conductive paste and it can destroy CPUs and mainboards if you apply too much of it, and if it spills onto mainboard circuitries and especially and underneath CPU and GPU so only apply liquid metal as per guide. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍