ET322QK 32" 4k monitor - enabling HDR on Windows 11 (24H2)

Andy_S
Andy_S Member Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi, new on here so please go easy on me :-) I'm trying to get HDR enabled in Windows 11 but systems settings say that HDR is not available for my monitor. I have the official driver (v1.0) installed from ACER's website, the PC recognises it as an ET322QK and I have changed every conceivable setting on the monitor itself, to include all combinations of the HDR options available.

I used to be able to turn on HDR when I was running Windows 10 22H2 although the colours were always washed out (something else I was unable to resolve) so managed without it.

My GPU is a Gigabyte Radeon RX590 8Gb (I know it's FPS isn't great but I don't do gaming, my rig is mainly for photo editing !) and connects to the monitor using HDMI.

Any ideas as to how I could get this enabled. I'm curious why I could enable it in Windows 10 no problem, but not Windows 11, so I assume it's not down to HDMI rather than Display Port connectivity.

I'm also using the latest version of AMD's driver (24.9.1) and can see no HDR configurable settings in there.

See attached screen shot.

Thanks in advance for any assistance !

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,848 Trailblazer

It might be your GPU that doesn't support HDR…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.