Hard Reset BIOS on Acer Predator PT314-51s

playl04
playl04 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited 2:04PM in Predator Laptops

Hi, I think my computer is not working properly and I want to hard reset the BIOS for diagnostics. I'm using PT314-51s.

[Edited the topic title to include model number]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,827 Trailblazer
    edited 10:22PM

The only way that you can reset the bios is to go to the BIOS > Exit and "Load Setup Defaults>Yes and reboot the laptop. You also have to make sure that your PT314-52s laptop (with whatever 8/16/32GB soldered ram it has, as you can't update the ram) that it also has the latest bios version 1.10 and the firmware version 1.01a that is for its either RTX3060 or RTX3050Ti gpu vram is installed from the Acer Support site and that you have updated this laptop to the latest Win-11 24H2 version and done all its windows updates and you have also installed the NVidia GeForce Experience software that notifies you of the latest NVidia gpu driver and also has the ultimate settings for over 1500 games.

The other thing that you can do is a Hard Reset of the laptop by doing this: remove the nine (9) screws from the base cover of your Predator Triton laptop, then carefully pry up the base cover from the edge on the right side to release the latches until the back cover is dislodged, take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then short the bios batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug and take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for about 15min and then reconnect everything. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

RTC/BIOS battery of the PT314-52s laptop

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍