Aspire A315-53 (part number NX.H38EH.034) keyboard not working anymore.

forta1
forta1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

The only responsive key of the standard keyboard is the <power on/off> key. An "external" keyboard connected to an USB port is working fine.

I've checked that the standard keyboard cable was correctly connected to the motherboard inside the box and it is.

The laptop was delivered with Windows 10 installed. Windows 11 was then installed in June 2022 and 1 major update was installed the 20-02-2023, amazingly the same date that is listed in the event tab from standard keyboard properties (please have a look in the Word document that is joined). It could have been a good track but the standard keyboard doesn't work since August 2024 only.

When I remove the standard keyboard from the devices configuration (devices management), it comes back into the configuration after a reboot what according to me means that the device is well detected at boot time.

The standard keyboard is showed as working fine in the device properties.

I also booted the laptop from a Windows 10 installed on an USB key assuming that the behaviour might be different with Windows 10 but the behaviour was exactly the same. No difference.

Would you have any clue of what is going wrong with that Acer laptop keyboard ?

Thank you in advance for any advice or recommendation that could help me to solve that keyboard issue.

Answers