Acer C24-1600- Network problems, 1Gb broadband installed but cannot connect through the ethernet.

StayinAlive
StayinAlive Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 21 in All-In-One PCs

I have an Acer C24-1600. I have recently had 1Gb broadband installed but cannot connect through the ethernet (Wireless is OK). I understood the spec said it would support 1000Mbps but in case it doesn't, I bought a USB 3.0 to Gigabit adapter but could not get the Acer to recognize that either - just says Unidentified Network, No internet access. Can anyone who has a similar machine confirm whether it will accept a 1Gbps connection and, if not, what else I could try.

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Joe_Kingsley
    Joe_Kingsley Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
    edited October 21

Hi @StayinAlive

Please update the drivers from the below link and check the issue is getting resolved.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/Aspire_C24-1600

• StayinAlive
    StayinAlive Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks. That shows 20 different drivers. Some, like bluetooth not really relevant. Are the any specific ones I should be looking for? And can you just confirm that I should, in theory, be able to connect to a Gigabit service with this model

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,230 Pathfinder

@StayinAlive

You can download the LAN driver on the website. For that USB 3.0 to Gigabit adapter, you might need the driver for it.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,848 Trailblazer

It's not a driver issue, most likely. Your router needs to be giving out DHCP leases on the wired connections. Bring up Network and Internet settings; Advanced Network; Hardware and connection properties and look at the IPv4 addresses assigned. If the address for your Ethernet connection starts with a 169.254 then you aren't getting a lease from the router. Often setting that up on the router means contacting your ISP, they may have it configured only for wireless…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.