Desperately need help with my laptop! "Default boot device missing or boot failed"

Jacy_M
Jacy_M Member Posts: 1 Newbie

Hey guys,

So, I've hit a bit of a snag with my laptop and I’m hoping someone can help me out. Yesterday I was listening to an audiobook and playing The Sims 4 when my laptop decided to freeze out of the blue. The audiobook was still playing, but everything else just froze up. I gave it a good 20 minutes to sort itself out, but no luck. So, I held down the power button to force a shutdown.

After rebooting, I got hit with two blue screen errors in 15 minutes, both saying “your device ran into a problem and needs to restart.” Then it got stuck on this annoying screen saying “Preparing Automatic Repair” for 15 hours! Fed up, I powered it off again. Now, when I try to start it up, it’s telling me “Default boot device missing or boot failed.”

I’m seriously at my breaking point with this laptop. Can anyone throw me a lifeline here and help me figure out what to do? I’m about ready to toss this thing out the window. Thanks a ton in advance for any tips or tricks you can share!