About Changing Aspect Ratio on the VG271U Monitor

ChillerDiller
ChillerDiller Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 8:17PM in Monitors

Hey there, I'm trying to use my VG271U to play some retro games which by default run at 4:3. The monitor of course is 16:9, but on most displays there's a way to force a different aspect ratio. In the OSD there's a setting called "Wide Mode" which according to the user manual should allow me to change the aspect ratio, but the setting is grayed out and I cannot even hover it in the OSD, the cursor just jumps to the next item.

I read in some random post that FreeSync needs to be disabled to change the aspect ratio, so I tried that and turned off a few other random features but did not observe a change. To be clear, this behavior occurs both when I'm hooked up to my desktop and to the console. The monitor even reports an input resolution of 640 x 480. I also tested the console on my TV and I'm able to set the aspect ratio fine, but I'd like to take advantage of the lower input latency the monitor has over the TV.

Wondering if anyone has any troubleshooting steps, I can take to get this to work.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]