Aspire 15-no acer logo on boot,the inbuilt battery is in failure since years, powered by electricity

fafi85
fafi85 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 11:35AM in Aspire Laptops

Hi,

I got an aspire 15 e5-574g-71k2 when I start the laptop it doesn't boot, the screen remains black than I have to force shut the power down. Trying to reboot allows to properly see the acer logo on boot then initializing the OS. What is wrong with the device?

Note: the inbuilt battery is in failure since years, the laptop is always and only powered by electricity.

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,285 Trailblazer

Hi @fafi85 from what you say, it is possible that you need a battery change, but this should be confirmed by a trusted technical service or one that is authorized for Acer equipment.

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,547 Trailblazer
  • fafi85
    fafi85 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi @Puraw @Alejandro_AC

thank you for your reply, so Do you confirm it has nothing to do with bios (I update it months ago) or any related the issue? The problem might be caused by the battery as not detected by the system itself !?

At this point, considering the specs of this device are obsolete it doesn't make sense to invest any money

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,285 Trailblazer

As I mentioned before, I cannot confirm that this is the problem, so it should be checked by a technical service that will remove the battery and measure it.

Another test that can be carried out is to connect the equipment to the power supply without the battery and check if it turns on. This test can only be carried out if the battery is connected in parallel with the power supply. If the battery is connected in series, the equipment will not turn on with the power supply.

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)