Fako_ Member Posts: 5 New User
edited 12:59PM in Predator Desktops

I got the pc last week and I want it on legacy

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Joe_Kingsley
    Joe_Kingsley Member Posts: 32 Troubleshooter

Hi @Fako_

Could you please provide the Predator orion's series & model number.

• Fako_
  • Joe_Kingsley

For example it looks like PREDATOR ORION 3000 - PO3-640-ER12, please share the exact series and the model number or the First 10 digits of your laptops Serial/SNID number.

• Fako_
    edited 12:56PM

Is this it?

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

• Joe_Kingsley

Some notebook models are no longer allowing you to switch to legacy mode!  Please try the below mentioned steps to boot from another OS.

Press and hold the Power key for five seconds to turn off your device.Plug in the USB Drive that contains the operating system files.Power on the system and begin tapping the F2 Key to enter the BIOS.In the BIOS, use the arrow keys to navigate to the Main menu item at the top.Use the down arrow to highlight F12 Boot Menu and press Enter.Highlight Enabled and press Enter.Press the F10 key and press Enter to save the changes and exit. The system will reboot immediately.As soon as the system begins rebooting, press the F12 key repeatedly to enter the Boot Manager. Select the USB HDD and press Enter.

• Fako_

I doesn't let me change to legacy from uefi

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,622 Pathfinder

Newer BIOS versions no longer support legacy boot. If you encounter issues booting from a USB, create a bootable USB with a GPT partition using Rufus software.

Key Points:

• GPT is required for UEFI BIOS, which offers improved performance and security.
    • Legacy BIOS uses the MBR partition scheme, which is limited in functionality and partition size.

To create a bootable USB drive in GPT format using Rufus, follow these steps:

1. Download and Install Rufus: Obtain the latest version of Rufus from its official website.
    2. Insert USB Drive: Connect your USB drive (at least 8GB) to your computer.
    3. Launch Rufus: Open the Rufus application.
    4. Select USB Device: In the “Device” dropdown, select your USB drive.
    5. Choose Boot Selection:
      • Click on the “Select” button and choose the ISO file for the operating system you want to install (e.g., Windows 10, ubuntu, linux, etc).
    6. Partition Scheme:
      • Under "Partition scheme," select GPT.
      • Ensure that “Target system” is set to UEFI (non-CSM). It is automatic if Seleted GPT partition but still check it and confirm.
    7. File System: Set the file system to FAT32 for UEFI compatibility.
    8. Start the Process: Click on the “Start” button to begin creating the bootable USB drive. Confirm any prompts that appear.
    9. Wait for Completion: Once Rufus finishes, safely eject your USB drive.

Your bootable USB is now ready for installation on a UEFI-compatible system.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566