Laptop won't start after use, the display is off

Mittraa
Mittraa Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 16 in Aspire Laptops

I use the laptop 5 hours ago and it did not seems to be off for the last time! But after couple hours i want to use it and it did not start, i plugged the battery charger and it did chargerd and had sounds of electricite from it , but still off, i press the hole of the back of the laptop , press alot of the key on keyboards and still off. What should i do to fix it?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer

Hi, did you try pressing the F7 key with or without the Fn key? Boot to BIOS with F2 and if BIOS displays OK, press F9 (reset) and F10 (save changes) the try to boot to Windows. IF nothing works I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services in your country.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 660

Hi Mittraa,

Few things are more frustrating than pressing the power button on your laptop and… nothing happens. In many cases, you can diagnose and fix the issue yourself. This guide will walk you through the steps to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem.

Before we dive into the solutions, it’s helpful to understand what might be causing the problem. Here are some common reasons why a laptop won’t turn on:

Power supply issues
    Battery problems
    Hardware failure
    Screen malfunctions
    Software or operating system errors.

Now, let’s explore how to diagnose and fix these issues.

10 Steps to Fix a Laptop That Won’t Turn On:-

1. Check the power supply and battery
      The most common reason for a laptop not turning on is a problem with its power supply. Start by checking these points:
      Ensure the power cord is securely connected to both the laptop and the wall outlet.
      Try a different wall outlet to rule out issues with the power source.
      Try a different power adapter to determine if the original is faulty.
      Remove the battery (if removable) and try powering on using just the AC adapter.
    2. Perform a hard reset
      A hard reset can sometimes resolve power issues:
      Unplug the power cord and remove the battery (if possible).
      Hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
      Reconnect the power cord (but not the battery) and try turning on the laptop.
    3. Check for display issues
      Sometimes, the laptop may be on, but the display isn’t working. Try these steps:
      Look closely at the screen in a dark room to see if there’s a faint image.
      Connect an external monitor to see if the laptop is outputting video.
      Listen for fan noise or hard drive activity to determine if the laptop is powering on.
    4. Remove external devices
      External devices can sometimes interfere with the boot process. Disconnect all external devices (including USB drives, external hard drives, and even your mouse and keyboard) and try powering on the laptop.
    5. Check for overheating
      Overheating can cause a laptop to shut down and refuse to turn on until it cools down. Ensure all vents are clear and the laptop isn’t being used on a soft surface that might block airflow. Consider using a laptop cooling pad to improve ventilation.
    6. Listen for beep codes
      When you try to turn on your laptop, listen for any beeping sounds. These beep codes can indicate specific hardware issues. Consult your laptop’s manual or the manufacturer’s website to interpret these codes.
    7. Try booting in Safe Mode
      If your laptop turns on but won’t boot into the operating system, try booting into Safe Mode:
      Turn on the laptop and immediately start pressing the F8 key repeatedly.
      Select “Safe Mode” from the boot options menu.
    8. Check for hardware issues
      If you’ve recently installed new hardware (like RAM or a hard drive), try removing it and see if the laptop will turn on.
    9. Inspect for signs of physical damage
      Look for any signs of physical damage, such as liquid spills or impact damage, which could be causing the power issue.
    10. Consider professional repair
      If none of the above steps work, it may be time to seek professional help. A certified technician can diagnose and repair more complex issues.

——————————————————————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.