Does anyone know what kind of background services are these and can I disable them in anv15-51?

Ketans
Ketans Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 15 in Nitro Gaming

Hello guys just about a new acer nitro 5 anv15-51. As you can see there's a bunch of background acer processes these "AAADSvc,Acer ART-AIMMX,Acer Device Enabling Service,Acer Pixy servie" does anyone know what kind of services are these and can I disable them? I also uninstalled the bloatwares. Please help..

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,594 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Both msconfig and service.msc will disable these services but mconfig is temporary and may enable those services later. So you can use services.msc to fix this permanently. it's common for new laptops to come with various services that may not be essential for basic operation. Many of these services support specific software features or hardware functionalities which doesn't required any software.
    You can safely disable unnecessary services, but be cautious as some may be tied to hardware functions or critical applications . So, recommended to take system restore point.

Acer ART-AIMMX- The Acer ART-AIMMX service is associated with Acer's AI tools, specifically designed to enhance user experience through features like image retouching and generative AI capabilities. It may be linked to applications such as Acer LiveArt and other creative software that come pre-installed on Acer devices

The Acer Device Enabling Service is primarily responsible for managing device-specific features and functionalities on Acer laptops, such as those related to hardware components and peripherals. It often supports applications like Acer PredatorSense and other Acer utilities.

The Acer Pixy Service is a software component associated with Acer's imaging and AI tools, often linked to applications that enhance photo editing and visual content creation. This service may not be essential for general laptop operation and can be considered bloatware.

The AAADSvc service, also known as Acer Authentication and Access Device Service, is part of Acer's software suite, primarily related to device management and authentication processes. It may support features like device access control and user authentication for Acer applications.

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• GAMING6698

The processes you mentioned—AAADSvcAcer ART-AIMMXAcer Device Enabling Service, and Acer Pixy service—are generally considered bloatware associated with Acer's software suite. You can safely disable or uninstall them through the Windows settings or via the Task Manager. However, You can create system restore point in case you want to revert back.

To disable them, go to Task Manager > Startup and disable any unwanted services, or use msconfig to disable all services while keeping Microsoft services hidden. Msconfig is more effective.

To use msconfig for managing services in Windows, follow these steps:

1. Open Run: Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
    2. Launch msconfig: Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    3. Select Services Tab: In the System Configuration window, click on the Services tab.
    4. Hide Microsoft Services: Check the box for Hide all Microsoft services to avoid disabling essential services.
    5. Disable Services: Uncheck the boxes next to any third-party services you want to disable, or click on Disable all to turn off all non-Microsoft services.
    6. Apply Changes: Click OK, then choose to restart your computer to apply the changes.

This process helps manage startup services effectively without affecting critical system functions

• Ketans
    edited October 15

Thank you for responding. The problem is I have uninstalled all the acer bloatwares except the acer care service and nitrosense. I can end their process in the task manager They pop back whenever the pc is restarted or booted up. I have no idea what application or software to uninstall to make them go away forever.

• GAMING6698
    edited October 15

Note these services and follow these steps:

1. Open the Services Window: Press Windows key + R, type services.msc, and hit Enter.
    2. Find the Services: Look for the services related to Acer, You should not disable Nitrosense service (predator service), acer lighting service as it may cause nitrosense unable to work. Except this youbcan disable all acer services.
    3. Disable the Services:
      • Right-click on each service.
      • Select Properties.
      • In the Startup type dropdown menu, choose Disabled.
      • Click OK to save your changes.

By doing this, the services will not start when you boot up your computer.

Alternative method- You can also use msconfig as I mentioned earlier. Here’s how:

1. Open msconfig: Press Windows key + R, type msconfig, and hit Enter.
    2. Go to the Services Tab: Click on the Services tab.
    3. Hide Microsoft Services: Check the box that says Hide all Microsoft services.
    4. Disable Other Services: Click on Disable all, but make sure to keep the checkbox for the Predator service, acer light (only if you need lighting control)  ticked.
    5. Apply Changes: Click OK, then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

This will help you manage the services effectively. Let me know if you need further assistance!

• Ketans

Hello. I will attempt your method for sure first thing in the morning tomorrow as I don't have the laptop with me right now. Although I'm curious as if there is a way to know what application is causing them to exist and run in the first place and If I can find it and uninstall it from the system along with the processes? Is it possible? What's the difference between service.msc method and msconfig method?

I really appreciate the help. These are some questions I wanted to ask. Thank you again GAMING6698.

• GAMING6698
    Answer ✓

Both msconfig and service.msc will disable these services but mconfig is temporary and may enable those services later. So you can use services.msc to fix this permanently. it's common for new laptops to come with various services that may not be essential for basic operation. Many of these services support specific software features or hardware functionalities which doesn't required any software.
    You can safely disable unnecessary services, but be cautious as some may be tied to hardware functions or critical applications . So, recommended to take system restore point.

Acer ART-AIMMX- The Acer ART-AIMMX service is associated with Acer's AI tools, specifically designed to enhance user experience through features like image retouching and generative AI capabilities. It may be linked to applications such as Acer LiveArt and other creative software that come pre-installed on Acer devices

The Acer Device Enabling Service is primarily responsible for managing device-specific features and functionalities on Acer laptops, such as those related to hardware components and peripherals. It often supports applications like Acer PredatorSense and other Acer utilities.

The Acer Pixy Service is a software component associated with Acer's imaging and AI tools, often linked to applications that enhance photo editing and visual content creation. This service may not be essential for general laptop operation and can be considered bloatware.

The AAADSvc service, also known as Acer Authentication and Access Device Service, is part of Acer's software suite, primarily related to device management and authentication processes. It may support features like device access control and user authentication for Acer applications.

• Ketans

OK I will be doing as you instructed but in case something happens or I need help regarding this, how can I contact you again?

• GAMING6698

Yes, you can. If you encounter any issues (which is unlikely), you can perform a system restore point or enable the services one by one. This way, you can identify which service is causing the issue while keeping the others disabled. Feel free to ask if you need further assistance!

• Ketans