How to reset pc from USB Drive, i am using aspire es1-571-p4zr

Amitabhbansal
Amitabhbansal Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 15 in Aspire Laptops

i am using aspire es1-571-p4zr, it came with windows 10 preinstalled and i created a recovery usb on the very first day, now i have installed windows 11 by watching a YouTube video to install win 11 on non-compatible pc, it gets hell slow, so i tried to reset the complete pc by pressing alt f10 while starting the laptop. And did the complete system reset, but it came up with windows 11 again, now i am trying to recover from usb drive, by selecting usb hdd as first boot but nothing is happening, help me

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,435 Trailblazer

Recovery drives need to be made after each major upgrade or at least once a year. In your case rolling back to W10 won't work as you had W11 installed. You need to make an installation flash drive and download W10 22H2 ISO image, then clean install W10 on your laptop. This is a 2015 model so you don't need to download the Intel IRST driver:

• elitehubs
    elitehubs Member Posts: 1 New User

It sounds like you're having trouble restoring your Aspire ES1-571-P4ZR back to its original Windows 10 setup. Here's what you can try:

1. Ensure your USB is working – Plug the USB into another device to check if it's properly set up. If it isn’t detected, try creating a new recovery USB on a different PC if possible.
    2. Check boot order – Ensure that 'USB HDD' is selected as the first boot option in the BIOS. You can enter the BIOS by pressing F2 during startup.
    3. Disable Secure Boot – In the BIOS, look for the ‘Secure Boot’ option and disable it. Sometimes Windows 11 enforces settings that restrict USB boot.
    4. Reformat the USB drive – If the issue persists, reformat the recovery USB and re-create it using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool or any other recovery method.

If none of these steps work, you might want to consider performing a clean install of Windows 10 using an official ISO file. Let me know if you need further help!

• Amitabhbansal

i have win 10 installation cd and installing from it, right now, and i have deleted all partitions also, my recovery usb drive is detecting everywhere but laptop is not booting from it, i havent checked secure boot thing, will do it after installation of windows

• Amitabhbansal

After windows 10 installation i checked the recovery drive and here are this pictures,

In efi folder these are the characters showing me, seems like corrupted, i talked to the customer care for purchasing the recovery media but they are saying to download drivers from the website only, can anyone please upload the recovery and share the link?