Acer XC1780 Headphones cause freeze/wont work

GTSYam
GTSYam Member Posts: 2 New User

I just bought an Acer XC1780 (09/10/24) Desktop running Win 11. When I try using a pair of wireless Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 USB headphones after about minute I get a loud continuous sound and then the system freezes, then having to reset. They work fine on a HP desktop or anything else. Also when I try to use a Panasonic SC HTE80 Soundbar using an HDMI cable the system fails to boot- starts up, shows the Acer logo and then nothing, it takes several starts to get the sytem to boot after removing the cable, it will work in Bluetooth mode OK.

Any help appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,784 Trailblazer
    edited October 13

The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 is fully compatible with Windows 11 BT and should NOT freeze your Aspire XC1780 desktop operating system, there must be something else that is causing this freezing issue and for a new desktop like you have you should first make sure that Win-11 is updated to its latest version 24H2 OS build: 26100.2033, then install the latest Bluetooth driver as that could be corrupted and it could be causing the freezing, if and after you have done all this and the desktop still freezes then consult Acer Tech Support and get your desktop looked at under warranty as there is something wrong with the hardware of your desktop. Do not open the desktop as that could void your Acer warranty. Good luck.

For your information, these are the WLAN cards fitted to the XC-1780 desktop by Acer that may be faulty and causing the freezing which you should get fixed unde warranty.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• GTSYam
    GTSYam Member Posts: 2 New User

I moved the Headphone Receiver to a different port and the noise disappeared😀