I have Nitro 5 AN515-57-53TY How to force boot without power button?

GartAndy
GartAndy Member Posts: 4 New User

My laptop randomly shut off and now it will not boot up. It is charging fine and I’ve exhausted all methods to reset the battery and reseat the ram and cmos battery as well but nothing will get more than a 5 second blue light which goes on when I press the power button but goes out after short period. Nothing happens….the fan doesn’t rotate and the keyboard won’t light up during the blue light time frame. Now I want to try force booting the laptop by shorting keyboard pins or motherboard or something that will bypass everything else force the pc on but I have no clue where that sort of thing is located or how it is done especially on my model as a lot of answers are for older models.

Answers

• GartAndy
    GartAndy Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited October 12

What does the keyboard connector look like in an515-57-53TY? My laptop won’t start by normally pressing the power button but the blue light comes on for a few secs then turns off. No action from the fan and keyboard won’t light up. I’ve tried everything to get this thing to turn on so now I’m resorting to force boot it without the use of a power button but I have no clue what I’m looking for

• System
    System Member Posts: 4,543 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I turn on my acer nitro 5 AN517 -52 -52t3 without power button?.