How to update bios safely of my acer predator helios neo 16 14700HX 4060 16gb 1TB

Subodh19
Subodh19 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited 8:34PM in Predator Laptops

so i wanted to update bios of my acer predator 2024 14700HX 4060 but i cant find it in any acer apps…….i have used lenovo laptop before and it has update bios setting in its app so is there any app for this in acer??

also is there any method to change function keys behavior using shortcut without going into bios….???

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,553 Trailblazer

I don't recommend updating BIOS on a new PC you risk bricking it, what Predator full model do you have, Orion Desktop? There are no shortcuts other than Fn+Esc (doesn't work on some systems) that change the behavior of the function keys, you have to do that in BIOS.

• Subodh19
    Subodh19 Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited 7:21PM

my laptops model name is acer predator helios neo 16 14700HX 4060 16gb 1TB . my current bios version is 1.12 and the website has version 1.13 available so should i just run the exe file for updating the bios??

and my laptop has acer purified view(for webcam) and acer purified voice support but there is only acer purified voice app available…..so how can i enable purified view?