acer predator neo laptop is strugging to get battery backup i am on latest bios 1.16 version

Ankitpro
Ankitpro Member Posts: 26 Networker
edited October 10 in Predator Laptops

i recently bought acer predator neo 16 2023 model its been 1 month my laptop is strugging to get battery backup i am on latest bios 1.16 version i am getting around 1 hr battery bakup on eco mode i have already applied all the settings like dark mode lower the screen brightness all that stuff plz tell me any solution .

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,651 Trailblazer

Hi, run a battery report, paste this in the command prompt: powercfg /batteryreport and open the report with your Edge browser, right click and select "Print to Microsoft PDF", attach the report to your reply, type @Puraw or use "Quote" when you reply so I will get an alert. BTW 1 hour battery life is not unusual with a new battery if you have a lot of background programs running, check Task Manager-Processes-Background, these should not exceed 75, uninstall programs you don't use.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer
    edited October 10

The expectancy of 2 hours of the PHN16-72 5880mAh battery life in these high end gaming laptops never happens, the life expectancy is around 1 hour to 1.5 hour max is about the average and normal from a new laptop and as the laptop ages it gets less. Your new PHN16-72 battery is normal as 1 to 1.5 hour max is about all you will ever get from its battery, so be prepared for that. Good luck.

Btw, I've never ever had 2 hours out of my Nitro 5 fully charged 3574mAh battery even when it was new out of the box, and I specifically tested this laptop to see if the quoted battery life was true and I've never ever been able to achieve that, so its the same with your PHN16-72 laptop.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Ankitpro
    edited October 23

@Puraw @StevenGen from above text it means that 1.5 hr battery backup is good and it give maxium backup i should not worry about battery backup right? i was expecting about atleast 3-4 hr backup.😒

• Ankitpro

"@Puraw" "@StevenGen" see the battery report

from above text it means that 1.5 hr battery backup is good and it give maxium backup i should not worry about battery backup right? i was expecting about atleast 3-4 hr backup.😒

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,651 Trailblazer
    edited October 23

Hi, update your Windows version with KB5044380 22 October2024, Battery use fixed: "A device uses too much battery power while the device is in Modern Standby".😉

BTW, your battery does not support Modern Standby in Windows11 23H2: