Acer A315-58 touchpad problem (delay/slow) ONLY WHEN plugged in charger

domingv
domingv Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 7:56AM in Aspire Laptops

When charger is unplugged, my A315-58's touchpad works perfectly without delay or slowing down of touch response. My battery settings is set in High Performance. Tried combination of unplugged/plugged with all battery settings, none of it helps.

I tried everything. Reinstalling, uninstalling, installing (vice versa of 9 combinations) for IO Drivers and Touchpad Drivers, none of it helps.

My charger is completely original and in perfect condition. Works well in my other laptop with same Aspire series too (A315-35).

I noticed A315-58 doesn't have touchpad drivers for W11 but A315-35 does have so the A315-35 works perfect.

I'm thinking this might be a bug?

Answers

• Joe_Kingsley
    Joe_Kingsley Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi @domingv

Good Day,

Please refer the solution provided in the below link and check whether we can fix the issue.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,269 Trailblazer

No, I don't think it is a bug, the small 45-W power adapter will have a hard time fast charging an almost depleted 37Wh battery, so it is recommended to have the power adapter plugged in 24/7 and keep the battery fully charged to 100%. Try the Best power efficiency mode not the Best performance mode as the adapter may not be able to keep the battery fully charged and power to the GPU will be throttled affecting also the Touchpad performance, why this is not happening when the power adapter is disconnected, may be a driver issue (read below).

This model does not use a Touchpad driver but is controlled by Microsoft Precision software, if you have ElanTech or Synaptics touchpad drivers you should uninstall those in Device Manager. The only touchpad device that should show in Device Manager Human Interface Devices is 12C HID, uninstall that device and just reboot, Windows will reinstall the correct drivers. Also check in the BIOS Main screen that Touchpad is set to 12C HID and not PS/2, you may have to press Ctrl+S to see the Touchpad options, save changes on exit BIOS.