Gpu crashes when connected to wifi while playing online games

Raiden007007
Raiden007007 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited 4:55AM in Aspire Laptops

Hello,

When I connect wifi while playing online games my gpu is crashing every single time, but without wifi it works fine. I have downloaded latest version of drivers. I don't have wifi card, I use usb wifi adapter.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 7,540 Pathfinder
    1. Test Different USB Ports- USB 3.0 vs. USB 2.0
    • If your adapter is connected to a USB 3.0 port, try switching it to a USB 2.0 port, as some devices may have compatibility issues with USB 3.0.
    • Front vs. Back Ports: If you're using front USB ports, try connecting the adapter to a rear port directly on the motherboard for better stability.

2. Check Power Management Settings: Ensure the option to allow the PC to turn off the Wi-Fi adapter for power saving is disabled in Device Manager.

3. Disable Unused Devices

If you have other network devices (like Ethernet ports), disable them in Device Manager while using the USB Wi-Fi adapter to prevent conflicts.

USB Adapter Quality: Ensure your USB Wi-Fi adapter is of high quality and supports the latest standards (like Wi-Fi 6) for better performance and reduced latency.

For better performance and stability, especially in gaming or high-bandwidth tasks, a PCIe Wi-Fi card is preferable

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566