Spin 5 SP13-54N-74V2 No Sound Output or Input Devices Found

dclou
dclou Member Posts: 1 New User

I just noticed today, but certainly within the last week, I lost all sound - both speakers and headphones. The Sound page in Windows 10, Settings shows "No Output Devices Found" and "No Input Devices Found". I ran Troubleshooting and it wasn't able to help because no audio devices were found. Maybe related: in the past few days, shutdown has taken a very long time, to the point that I need to hold in the power button to force the shutdown. The only recent system update within the past few weeks was a driver update from Intel, 1.0.2283.0, which apparently cannot be uninstalled.

My Spin 5 SP13-54N-74V2 runs Windows 10 Home, OS build 19045.4894

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,218 Trailblazer
    edited 10:14PM

Hi, you can do two things to fix your sound problem: Restore your system to a date your audio apps were still working (1-2 weeks back?) or uninstall the Realtek audio drivers in Safe Mode with DDU and just reboot (don't install any drivers). To restore your system, type restore in the Windows Search bar and click on "Create a restore point" and "System Restore" with a date (see picture)

To uninstall the RTK audio drivers download DDU freeware from the Wagnardsoft site and boot to Safe Mode (in Windows hold the Shift key down while clicking on Restart power icon taskbar). Uninstall all Realtek drivers with DDU but don't reinstall audio drivers as these work together with Intel's Codec devices. Just reboot and Windows will reinstall the Audio drivers, the RTK Audio Console (Control) can be installed from the Windows Store: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html