Acer Aspire 7 - A715-42G restarts when Gpu temp reaches above 50°c

KVKK
KVKK Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 2:11AM in Aspire Laptops

My Acer Aspire 7 - A715-42G - Ryzen 5 5500u , 8gb Ram, 512gb SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4gb graphics VRAM - The laptop gets heated up and reboots when gpu temp reaches above 50 °c, as I cleared and cleaned the dust and repasted with thermal paste, the issue persists, and also checked for other errors such as SSD malfunction and Ram malfunction, both are working good, but I got a error in device manager , showing that in amd integrated graphics (display driver) it shows *amdwddmg* - "device not started and has problem in starting", pls solve the issue, my laptop is out of warranty

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,665 Trailblazer
    edited 1:33AM

The GTX1650 gpu should not be rebooting the laptop when it reaches a low temp of 50°C as there must be another issue that is causing the reboot of your laptop, have you got any peripherals connected to any USB ports that could cause a short to reboot the laptop, as that is a main cause of these premature reboots like a hub, keyboard or mouse as a hub did that to my Nitro laptop, check that out.

If it’s the GTX1650 gpu, then uninstall all the NVidia drivers on your laptop with DDU and follow the exact guide of this software to delete all AMD and NVidia drivers then install the AMD Radeon cpu graphics driver and the NVidia GeForce Experience software and play all supported games through this software as the GFE has the ultimate settings for the GTX1650 gpu and also will download the last NVidia game ready driver version 610.9 driver which should be. Make also sure that you install the A715-42G last bios version 1.10 and all the windows updates and any firmware that windows update has for this laptop as that also helps.

With the *amdwddmg* the solution for this crash is in the AMD Radeon software is to disabling the AMD Crash Defenser Service in Startup, then you can play without a problem and this will not come up. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• KVKK
    KVKK Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes sir, thank you, how to disable that amd crash defenser service, I have amd adrenalin edition of software here, then I have checked all usb ports and other things, and particularly I forgot to mention that I have done all those DDU related works at safe mode and fresh install of GPU drivers (including integrated as well as for dedicated GPU), so I think that disabling the amd crash defenser service may help me , I'll try that method and update you sir, thank you again, I'm suffering from this issue past 2 years...