My dad’s Predator helios 300 (9th gen?) laptop won’t charge, please help!

dahlialikescats
dahlialikescats Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I’m borrowing my dads laptop and last night the charger got really hot and stopped working. I didn’t notice until my laptop ran out of battery and shut down, so I just unplugged everything to cool and left it until this morning. The charger still won’t work (or charging port i’m not sure), the charging light won’t turn on, the brick thing of the charger doesn’t go warm as if it is working, and my laptop just shows the low battery warning and then shuts off again when i’ve tried turning it on. I’m awful with computers and tech so idk anything about “motherboards” and other stuff i’ve seen people saying online. Does this sound like I need a new charger or an issue with the laptop charging port itself?? My dad is going to kill me if it’s broken so someone please help.

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,169 Trailblazer

Hi @dahlialikescats yes, everything seems to indicate that the power supply has broken down. In any case, you should go to a technical service to verify the status of the power supply, they can measure the voltage output.

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)