Acer Aspire Lite AL15-41 My laptop's sound volume is low even after installing latest sound drivers

sumeetc1982
sumeetc1982 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 7:18AM in Aspire Laptops

Hello,

I have recently bought my acer laptop AL15-41 and even after installing the Realtek sound drivers and other drivers which were part of the windows update, the sound is low (speakers volume set to 100%).

Can anyone please suggest me if there are any additional configurations to be done for the sound drivers?

Thank you for reading my query. Please help.

Regards,

Sumeet

[Edited the topic title to include model number]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,166 Trailblazer

This laptop requires a good quality headset or extremal speakers with a built-in equalizer/amplifier to get proper sound volume. The RTK drivers are working with Intel's Codec, and you should not manually install Realtek drivers but let Windows do the installing. Download DDU freeware from Wagnardsoft and in Safe Mode (Windows Shift+Restart) uninstall all Realtek drivers and just reboot: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091878/graphics.html

There is an equalizer in Windows Media Player (right click, in the context menu) and in Windows Sound settings enable Audio Enhancements

In the Realtek Audio Console select Movie instead of Music.

• sumeetc1982
    sumeetc1982 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello Puraw,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, I did not manually installed the drivers. In the windows security, it was showing list of device drivers which included realtek drives and windows cumulative patches and all got installed without any issues.

I have installed FX Sound Enhancer software and it has improvised the sound quality to some extent. I reckon what you mentioned makes sense that it requires a good quality headset or extremal speakers with a built-in equalizer/amplifier to get proper sound volume

May be some external Bluetooth based speakers will resolve this issue. Any other software/drivers that you can recommend to enhance the sound quality?

Regards,

Sumeet