Acer spin 3 sound loss, it cannot play sound unless I connect headphones

scarbo85
scarbo85 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 6:18PM in Swift and Spin Series

Hi. I have an Acer Spin 3 notebook that is 3 year old running Windows 10. It has worked perfectly until 2 days ago, but now it cannot play sound unless I connect headphones. All up to date with updates. It tells me that Intel ® display audio is up to date but theres a yellow warning icon next to Intel High definition audio - when I click update drivers there is nothing available. Nervous to upgrade to Windows 11 incase it ruins my laptop - which I need for uni lectures. Does anyone have any experience of this please?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer

Microsoft pushed a Windows update recently that has been causing all sorts of odd problems on many different computer models. Everything from full blown BSODs to USB ports not working to audio issues. See if you can roll back the latest updates to verify that is what is causing your issue…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JenLang
    JenLang Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi… exactly the same issue and timing with my Spin laptop… working fine until sound went out 2 days ago… ARGH.

Thanks for the troubleshooting idea… can you direct how I "roll back" the latest update to see if that works?