ANV15-51 BIOS 1.16 Update Issue: RAM Reduced from 15.7GB to 13.7GB

shubzcafe
shubzcafe Member Posts: 2 New User

I've been using my Acer Nitro V15 (Nitro ANV15-51) with an i5 13420H, 16GB RAM, and an RTX 4050 for almost a year now, and it's been great for gaming and work. However, after updating to BIOS version 1.16, I noticed that the available RAM dropped from 15.7GB to 13.7GB, with 2.3GB now reserved for hardware.

What’s frustrating is that out of the 2.3GB reserved, only 223MB is allocated to graphics, while the rest is just sitting unused. Before this update, I was on BIOS version 1.14, and I could use 15.7GB of RAM with only 223MB reserved, all of which was efficiently utilized by the graphics.

I’ve spoken to a couple of friends who own the same model, and they’ve encountered the same issue after updating to BIOS version 1.16.

If anyone has figured out a fix, I’d really appreciate the help. I don’t want to upgrade my RAM since 16GB is enough for me, but the reduced 13GB is affecting performance.

help me out. tried all methods. i have seen that many got this problem and some has not noticed it yet.