Nitro an515-58 Battery - ticking, clicking and whirring

bainst
bainst Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 3 in Nitro Gaming

Tonight there was a ticking sound that sounded like a failing HD, but on the left side of the keyboard. It got progressively worse, and started cycling along the entire length from the front left corner to just to the right of the touchpad, until it became a constant whir.

I shut the laptop off, unplugged everything, and opened it up to check it out. The area the sound and vibration was occurring in seemed to correspond to the battery, and after unplugging and replugging the battery, it seems to have reset and is working fine.

Should I replace the battery? Is this a known issue?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,616 Trailblazer

The Nitro AN515-58 was first release in and around 2023/01/06 and the oldest models are at 21 months old, the batteries in these laptops should not have any problems and/or be giving any coil whine or losing their charge for a 21 months old battery which should only be replaced when the battery has a 60% depleted capacity from its designed capacity charge. Do a battery report and have a look at the you batteries Full Charge Capacity to its Design Capacity as it shouldn't be less than 60%. What I think happened with your laptop is that you have a coil whine which happens from Just about anything with a power source like an inductor that can create coil whine. Keep an eye on it as its not coming from the battery but from somewhere else in your laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• bainst
    bainst Member Posts: 2 New User

I purchased my laptop new from Best Buy in June of 2022. The noise was accompanied by vibration, so each time it ticked or clicked, I could actually feel it beneath the palm rest and track pad. When it whirred, it vibrated. The sounds were all similar to what I've heard from failing HDs, which is why I worried that might be the case, but was confused by the length, as it moved through the left two-thirds of that front part of the laptop. Exactly where the battery is located. If it is not the battery, what other components are there that would create such noise and vibration?

The sounds were not anything I would describe as a whine. I'll do a battery report.