Acer Nitro 5 Screen goes black after sign in. How to fix this?

MostUDeadBoi
MostUDeadBoi Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 4:29AM in Nitro Gaming

I have an acer nitro 5 and everything seems normal until I sign in, and after that everything goes black. I still see my mouse, the caps lock on and off, and I can pull up the menu to shut down my computer, put it to sleep, etc.

How do I fix this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 558

Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue. Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds to turn off the laptop, then press it again to turn it back on. Safe Mode Boot: Booting in Safe Mode can help you troubleshoot if the issue is caused by software or drivers.
    The laptop may have been overheating, just let it cool off and reboot to windows, turn off Turbo Boost and change the Power Plan to balanced, don't use Quiet mode in Quick Access and keep an eye on the GPU and GPU temperatures. It may also be caused by the applications loading automatically. In this case, you can disable all automatic applications to fix the black screen issue. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete simultaneously and select Task Manager.

——————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,602 Trailblazer

Do a Hard Reset of the laptop, this has happened to my 3 years old Nitro 5 laptop when it was 1 year old and after a Hard Reset I never got a black screen again.

Hard Reset:

Remove the eleven (11) screws securing the lower case to the upper case of your Nitro laptop, then carefully pry up the base cover starting from the upper vents in the middle side of the laptop to release the latches and the back cover, then disconnect and take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery and then short the RTC batteries plug + & - pins at the mainboard plug with a metal object to reset CMOS and then take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

When reconnecting everything back, if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the ram is not the issue of the laptop not booting properly or its the EC or Chipset chips that are causing this boot issue as this will reset the laptop and the laptop should boot properly.

If the laptop still doesn't boot properly and you get a black screen take your laptop to a technician your lstop needs its EC chips checked or changed or it could be an eDP cable or even the screen. Good luck and hope this helps you out further. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍