Overheating issues with Predator PC, Best Cooler options?

yeet7222
yeet7222 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited 3:55AM in Predator Desktops

Hello,

My i5 in my predator PC has been overheating and causing issues, leading me to thing it's from the rather small cpu cooler that came pre-installed. Does anyone know what cooler that would be compatible with my PC that would help out?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,602 Trailblazer
    edited 2:58AM

What is your Predator desktops model number, as that is important for you to let us know? As what community members have been using very successfully is the Noctua cpu coolers that are of excellent quality and made with high quality materials and are very efficient cpu cooler. If you have the Predator PO3-6xx then the ideal cpu cooler upgrade is to the NH-U9S chromax.black that also has an option for adding a 2nd fan for more cooling, then for the PO5-6xx and the PO7-6XX use the bigger NH-U12S chromax.black, these are the two that I would recommend. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Here is the NH-U9S chromax.black installation manual and what you will be required to do

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 558

Get a powerful 5-fan cooling pad the size of your laptop and reduce the Max. Processor Power state to 95% when on power. Also use Balanced Power Plan instead of Maximum Performance Power Plan. Up to 95°C. under heavy load no issues, the CPU can sustain 100°C.

Disable NVIDIA/AMD Dedicated graphics card for a while and test your temps. Also boot in safe mode and open task manager with GPU ENABLED and see if you can check the temperature. If its hot, then graphics is the issue. Undervolting means to decrease power draw for better cooling and higher clocks of the cpu and can be done using Throttle stop.

——————————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,602 Trailblazer

Seeing that we are speaking about a desktop, I suggest that you DO NOT GET A 5 FAN COOLING PAD FOR A DESKTOP🤣 as there is no such thing! 🤣

For cpu cooling improvement its best to upgrade the cpu cooler not modify any of the settings of your desktop as you could do more damage than improve anything, leave settings at their oem settings set by Acer as much as possible as modifying anything could cause more damage than improve anything. Also follow this excellent OS gaming setup guide for Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming. Good luck.