Case Swap for Acer Nitro N50-640 desktop pc

WrathofGoth
WrathofGoth Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited 1:55AM in Nitro Gaming

Sorry if you've seen my posts before but I am going a little crazy at this point. I have read everything that has been posted about this computer on this site and YT, etc…I've posted to Reddit and haven't gotten 1 comment besides "throw away your motherboard".

I'm currently prepping items to case swap my Acer Nitro N50-640 desktop pc (DB.E2V11.001)

I'm a little confused about adding case fans to the new case. I am keeping my Acer proprietary Motherboard which has a CPU_Fan1 header and Sys_Fan1 header. I currently have 1 exhaust fan connected to Sys_fan1 and on the CPU_Fan1, I have a 4-pin PWM 3-way splitter which are connected to 2 other fans for cooling purposes.

On the new setup, I want to install a total of 5 case fans - 3 front intakes, 1 rear exhaust, and 1 top exhaust. I recently bought a 3pack of ARGB Be Quiet! Light Wing fans that come with an argb Hub for the front intake fans. I want to use non-rgb Noctua fans for the exhaust fans. I'm a little confused on how I would go about connecting them all.

Right now my plan is to daisy chain the BQ! fans and connect them to the CPU_Fan1 header via splitter cable +SATA needed and then split the 2 Noctua exhaust ones on Sys_fan1 with another splitter cable.

I don't believe my MB has an ARGB/RGB header that I can directly connect so I was considering using an ARGB controller, which I am a little confused on how I would connect to the BQ! fans. Should I use the argb hub that came with the BQ! Light Wings and connect the argb controller to that? Would this work?

I'm not sure if my thought process is correct. I also plan to replace the stock CPU cooler and add a Noctua NH-U9S.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've included some pictures of the MB, and parts I'm discussing. TY!