Trying to upgrade my prebuild Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620, Pls help with the pc

KING_M4KS
KING_M4KS Member Posts: 3 New User
edited 1:47AM in Predator Desktops

Hey guys. I'm Trying to upgrade my prebuild pc that i bought 4 years ago. The specs are a GPU NVIDIA RTX 3070, Intel Core i7-11700F, First i bought new ram the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 32GB but when i put it in my pc it didn't work at the correct speed because i found out that my motherboard is old and doesn't have XMP. btw i've returned the ram and i am thinking of buying the same one but faster Mhz. So i need help with a few things. i need a newer mother board that is going to be compatible with the rest, a better ram, and i need it to fit im my pc.

Here is the link to my pc. It's the Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/627687.pdf

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,572 Trailblazer
    edited 12:06AM

The max ram that the PO3-620 desktop can run with is 64GB total into all its 4x ram slots, and you can use 4GB, 8GB, 16GB modules, this desktop does not use XMP overclocked ram and that is why the Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz didn’t work, this desktop only works with max DDR4-3200 • CL=22 • Non-ECC • UDIMM • 288-pins • 1.2V • 1Rx8 or 2Rx8 • PC4-25600 type ram of the following ram below that Acer recommends or have a look at the Crucial Ram upgrades suggestions for their ram kits for the PO3-620 at \Acer Predator PO3-620 RAM & SSD Upgrades, good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍