Why Can’t I upgrade my Acer Orion 3000 Predator gaming computer due to the back panel issue?

Tokeee
Tokeee Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited October 3 in Predator Desktops

Hi everyone! Ive come across a problem with my cpu overheating. I have an i5 10400. So i decided to buy a whole new cpu cooler. Now the problem is, that i cannot remove the back panel of the computer, without permanently damaging it. I need to install a bracket so i can mount the cpu cooler onto the cpu. What do i do? I can only strip apart the whole computer and then manually take the motherboard out and putting the bracket on… So dumbly made case istg… You see the back panel is permanently shut. And i dont want to break the back panel with force off.. someone please help if youve ever taken the mother board out. Thanks in advance!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,639 Trailblazer

Which Predator Orion 3000 model do you have and which cpu cooler have you got as usually the cpu cooler has different brackets for the Orion 3000 desktop LGA1700 Intel cpu like the Noctua NH-U9S cpu coolers below and you don't have to take the mobo out.

If your cpu cooler doesn't have that you need to take the mobo out of the case as the back is not removable, which is not a big job as long as you mark or take captions of every connection so you know when you are putting the mobo back. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer

Send the cooler that doesn't fit right on your Predator back and buy one of the ones we usually suggest. It will fit right and work well.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.