Is my Acer x27P monitor toast?

Alex93842374
Alex93842374 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 8:53AM in Monitors

So, got an Acer x27P monitor. Today it just turned off while using it.

First thing I checked was the power supply. It is a DELTA: ADP-230EB T (19.5Vdc/230W) power supply. Plugging it in it gives the expected 19.5v. But... if I put a load on it (the monitor itself or even a 100W halogen bulb) the voltage drops to zero until I unplug it and replug it in without a load.

So I thought maybe the power supply is toast. So I hooked up the monitor to my bench power supply, an AX3010DS which gives up to 30v and up to 10A. Set it to constant voltage and 19.5v. Hooked it up to the monitor and turned it on. It instantly changes to constant current, 10.2A and 1.5v. Tried another power supply and got the same.

According to some spects the monitor only needs 68W so the power supply should easily be able to handle it.

So what could all this mean? Maybe the monitor does need the full 11.7A when powering on and the power supply can't handle it? Or maybe the monitor is toast and draws too much current?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,562 Trailblazer

This X27P monitor has an oem Output: 19.5V - 9.23 Amps Acer part #: 25.TBAM2.001 power supply to function, its looks like the oem adapters fuse is shortening out that is why the oem adapter turns off when you plug it into the X27P monitor power port or there is something wrong with the actual X27P power port that is causing the short.

Best is to take the monitor to a technician in your area that has experience with repairing LCD TVs and Monitors, do not inject any more current with your power supply the AX3010DS as you could do more damage to this expensive monitor and damage it completely, which would be unfortunate. There is no Acer SG for this monitor so there are no specific troubleshooting details from Acer that we can pass onto you. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍