Acer Aspire E1-731-4699 Laptop LCD Video Cable P/N? Availability?

discgolfdc
discgolfdc Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi.

I currently have an Acer Aspire E1-731-4699 laptop, and I have reason to believe that my video cable, connecting the LCD display to the motherboard, may be defective.

I've got some funky 1px lines on my display after having disassembled the machine to replace the CMOS battery (why they couldn't just make that a fairly easy replacement item, I'll never know…you have to get to the underside of the motherboard to get at it), and because they weren't there before I made the battery swap, the only thing I can think of that might have caused it is possible damage to the cable near the motherboard connector.

Now, I know this is a considerably older model, and I've searched high and low for a direct replacement.

I don't know if there's a resource I'm not seeing that might be able to tell me about possible cross-references, other (perhaps newer) models that use the same cable, or what.

The laptop definitely takes care of my needs for it, and I'd hate to have to ***** the computer out because of an unavailable cable like this, so I figured I'd look here to see if anyone (employee or not) might know of such a means of finding the elusive part.

Thank you!

Answers

• discgolfdc
    discgolfdc Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited 3:46AM

I may have found a couple of possible part numbers, but still not much in terms of making one appear… :(

50.RYNN5.004

1422-018V000