Newly purchased Acer Aspire 3 N20C5 laptop started melting, warranty expired 3 months before.

Burake
Burake Member Posts: 1 New User
edited 3:35AM in Aspire Laptops

My newly purchased Acer Aspire 3 N20C5 laptop started burning today. If I hadn't noticed it, it might have caused a fire.

When I checked the warranty, I saw that the warranty had expired 3 months before I purchased it.

What to do? Please help.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,559 Trailblazer

If you want to be a good world citizen then you need to put up with the recycled environmentally friendly materials that Acer uses 😂 on the Aspire Vero N20C5 which as far as their advertisements are concerned, helps you reduce your eco footprint with its sustainable design materials that are used in this laptop that provides reliable performance with minimal energy consumption. The only thing that you can do is contact Acer in your country and try to get them to change the appropriate case of this laptop where its damaged by heat as the materials that are used by Acer are experimental and must not be susceptible to heat of the normal materials used for the Acer oem laptops.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,127 Pathfinder

@Burake
    Seems like a bad connection between the webcam+mic module and the eDP cable leading to burning.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!