SERIOUS HELP NEEDED: How to charge Acer Laptop with USB 3 or USB-C ports?

Brightness1982
Brightness1982 Member Posts: 36 Troubleshooter

Evening everyone,

I just want to know how I can charge up my Acer SF314-43 laptop with either the USB 3 or USB-C port?

I had a serious problem recently where this Acer SF314-43 laptop would not charge. It's detailed here:

Thanks 😥

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,066 Trailblazer

Hi, if you check the AMD community you will find many topics with the Ryzen 5500U/5700U CPUs and unstable USB ports (AMD Framework laptop with USB-C charging issues), I recommend using the barrel plug power adapter for charging only: USB Ports highly unstable with 5000 Series CPU and... - AMD Community I also advise upgrading to Windows11, Acer released a brand-new BIOS version 1.10.

• Brightness1982
    Brightness1982 Member Posts: 36 Troubleshooter

Thanks for your reply Puraw!

However, I’m not sure if the URL you gave is related to my question?

I just want to know if I have a way to charge my Acer laptop if the regular power charger port stops working? It has stopped working in the past and it was a huge nightmare!😪

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,066 Trailblazer

IMO, the AMD CPU is related to your USB-C charging issue, and you cannot charge a laptop with the USB3.0 port. Did you upgrade to Windows11 and updated to the latest BIOS?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,258 Trailblazer

Can you tell me the model of the dock you want to connect to the USB-C port?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)