Does Acer actually REPAIR Predator Triton 300, that died out of warranty?

dohabandit
dohabandit Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 5:01PM in Predator Laptops

I have a Predator Triton 300, Model Number N20C3 that suddenly died.
Power supply was checked and 19.5V is good.
The fans are all clean and spinning freely as if they were new, so not a failed fan bearing.

I suspect the CPU died due to overheating. I opened a case on the Acer site since it is out of warranty and I was issued a case reference number but have had no contact from Acer Support yet. Am I holding my breath or do they still respond to out of warranty repair requests on a laptop more than 2 years old?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,055 Trailblazer

Hi @dohabandit as far as I know, Acer does not repair equipment that is out of warranty. If you register the equipment, the purchase date can be verified. Otherwise, Acer may require that purchase date. In any case, if Acer cannot assist you in your repair request, I advise you to go to a technical service supported by Acer for better technical assistance.
    Take advantage of Acer's response to ask them about the technical services authorized by them near your location where you can send a device for repair outside of warranty and with a prior repair estimate.

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • dohabandit
    dohabandit Member Posts: 2 New User

If you go to their site they have a "Repair My Acer" link and they specifically state that if your product fails outside of warranty that Acer might be able to repair it for you for a fee. They state that you have to pay shipping to send the failed product to them. I am just wondering if they are actually doing these repairs because once I submitted my information I never got a response back.

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,055 Trailblazer

Well, I don't know, this information is new to me, maybe it only applies to your country, are you in the US?
    Please tell me how the process progresses, it will be helpful to other users.

Thanks, best regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)