Black Screen Issue While Running Games on Acer Laptop - Warranty Request

Husssin9
Husssin9 Member Posts: 5 New User

Dear Acer Support Team,

I hope you are doing well. I am writing to request assistance with an issue I am facing on my recently purchased Acer laptop.

Whenever I try to run a game, it works fine when using the lowest settings. However, as soon as I increase the frame rate or graphics settings even slightly, the screen turns black, and I have to restart the laptop to recover. Additionally, when I run the game without connecting the charger, it also works fine at low settings, but once I plug in the charger, the same black screen issue occurs.

I have tried basic troubleshooting steps such as updating drivers and adjusting in-game settings, but the issue persists. Since this is a new device and still under warranty, I would like to request repair or replacement through the warranty, as I suspect there might be a manufacturing issue related to the power or graphics system.

Please provide guidance on the next steps to activate the warranty and resolve this issue. I am happy to provide the serial number or any other required details if necessary.

Thank you for your prompt assistance, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Sorry, I should have sent it to Acer, but I will share it here.