acer predator Helios neo 16(phn16-71) - Very high temps for cpu (80-99) while both the fans are on m

Dupe1236789
Dupe1236789 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 3:19PM in Predator Laptops

I have a acer predator Helios neo 16(phn16-71) and I am experiencing very high temps for CPU (80-99) while both the fans are on max speed , I do not have any pets and I didn't over clock, I have reset my laptop but it didn't fix it (about 2 months ago) it is almost 1 year for this laptop the GPU temps are fine (for a laptop) and I have experienced high temps for CPU for about 8 Months I tried various thing ,the laptop has never being opened and still in warranty

[Edited the topic title to include the topic issue.]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,053 Trailblazer

Hi @Dupe1236789 when that happens (80-99) are you running some resource-intensive application like a game or does it happen with moderate use of the computer like browsing and little else?
    I assume you have the power options at maximum performance, does the temperature go down if you set the power mode to balanced/economizer?

Thanks, best regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Dupe1236789
    Dupe1236789 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have tried changing power setting and even tried to somewhat underclock, even basic games like gta on medium settings (over 165 fps i capped it to 165) it still is reaches 99 Degrees also while basic use like watch yt its at like 75-80

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,053 Trailblazer

In that case it may need an internal cleaning and perhaps a change of thermal paste, but take this comment with caution because I am not a hardware expert at that level, please wait for more answers.

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)