Why is my acer swift GO 14 not charging?

ousainbolt
ousainbolt Member Posts: 1 Newbie

I only had this laptop for a month and now it is not charging when I plug it in? Is there something wrong with the charger or is it the laptop itself? My sister used it last and since then it doesn't not work so I do not know if she did anything.

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,038 Trailblazer

Hi @ousainbolt please indicate the exact model of the computer and the version of Windows.
    When you connect the charger, do you have any LED on?
    If so, what color is it?
    Does the LED blink?

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,061 Trailblazer

Hi check in Windows Services if you see Acer Care Center running, Stop and disable the service in Properties Startup Type and click on Apply.

Reset BIOS with F9 in BIOS and save changes on exit BIOS, boot to Windows and reset Power Plan in "Edit Power Plan". Uninstall these 2 battery drivers in Device Manager and just reboot.

There is a small pinhole in the back of your laptop with a tiny battery sign, stick a pin in that holw till you feel it click keep pressing for 5 seconds, that will reset the battery.