Acer aspire 3 laptop - Why do I need an Ethernet cable to help me connect to the WIFI.

csonyx2023
csonyx2023 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 10:49AM in Aspire Laptops

hello, I’ve had my Acer aspire 3 laptops for nearly a year now and I’ve never needed an Ethernet cable to help me connect to the WIFI. Yesterday I noticed that it won’t let me connect to the Wi-Fi unless I have one. Why do I suddenly need this cable?

[Edited the topic title to include the topic issue.]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,041 Trailblazer

Hi, you don't need a LAN cable, most laptops don't even have an Ethernet port anymore. if this happened recently restore your system to a date when Wi-Fi still worked, type restore in the Search bar and click on "Create a restore point" and "System Restore" and select a date:

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,249 Trailblazer

Hello! Do you see any driver issues in Device Manager? Have you recently installed an antivirus?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)