anv15-51-519k battery percentage is stuck but it's plugged in

ellyr
ellyr Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello guys, i hope someone can help me with this problem

this is an 8 months old, Acer Nitro 5, anv15-51-519k

This is what happened:

i was using it suddenly my laptop's power went off for no reason and tried turning it back on but it's not working, after 30 mins it sucessfully turned back on, decided to stop using it for a while, several hours later i used it again and its seems normal but while i was using it, it's battery suddenly drops to 10% while it was plugged in and starting to notice the battery percentage is stuck and not increasing, every time i opened my laptop its changing from 10% to 9% to 8% to 7%-5% and i now its stuck to only 4%. and i have a feeling sooner it will stuck at 0%.

i searched on youtube and through community acer for some solution but none of this worked

these are the methods i've tried :

1. Tried updating these 2 at the device manager
    Microsoft AC Adapter
    Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery
  2. tried uninstalling them then restarting the laptop
  3. Tried the BIOS default method
    pressing F9 then enter to load configuration
    press F10 then enter to save and exit
  4. Tried turning off and unplug the adapter to laptop then press and hold the power button for 30 secs to 1min.

Note:
-the power outlet where using it is working fine since charging my phone there seems dont thave problem.
-i think my adapter is fine since my laptop is recognizing it, the amber light is steady
-i did a battery report and i got the same result for design capacity and full charge capacity, so im guessing the laptop battery is healthy.

So far my only problem here is that the battery percentage is stucked, it's not increasing and not decreasing even its plugged in. though i already encountered the critically low battery showed at the screen.

what seems to be the problem here and is there a simple solution?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,027 Trailblazer

It looks like you have Acer Care Center battery charge limiter running and there is no battery draining/wear after 8 months, not normal. Also, your battery does not support Windows Connected Standby (the new Modern Standby). If you don't have important data stored or make a backup first and then Reset this PC without losing your data option. When you are up and running again don't install Acer Care Center or AcerSense and check if the battery charging is OK now, this is what the LEDs indicate:

• ellyr
    ellyr Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you very much for the fast reply, im not really a computer guy 😅, but what exactly you mean by restarting? Like reformating? And how i will do that? 😅, already started to secure my files here as soon as i read your reply

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,532 Trailblazer

Just in addition, as on 28/09/2024 the battery did charge up to 80% as the battery report shows. Your Nitro ANV15-51 laptop does not have the CONNECTED SRTANDBY feature supported so this should not be coming from the battery, as it could be a software issue like mentioned above.

Here is what Connected Standby mode means:

Connected Standby mode is primarily a device’s battery operating mode on the Windows operating system. In this mode, the device is turned on, but the display will be dark. Windows suspends all applications that may be running and puts the device in a state that consumers minimal power. When a user punches a key or touches the screen, the device instantly becomes operational.

Connected Standby differs from sleep mode in its ability to instantly transition between an off-screen standby to an on-screen online mode.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍