TC-780 I want to upgrade from an i5 7400 to a i5 9600k

yaboi825
yaboi825 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I have a TC-780 currently running as a server, I have Proxmox running a few VMs at the moment. I am looking to change the current i5 7400 to a i5 9600k. I can't seem to find the BIOS updates for the Motherboard.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,013 Trailblazer

Hi @yaboi825 in the service manual this processor does not appear as compatible, it is not a question of updating the BIOS whose latest update is R02-B2 for Windows 10 and does not provide a solution to support a different processor, but it does support the i7 processor:

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • yaboi825

Alright, that is a bummer. What kind of motherboard form factor is the tower able to support? I imagine it is mATX?

• Alejandro_AC

I don't know, in the service manual only one plate appears:

The motherboard does support these three i7, I don't know if they can be used against the i5 9600k:

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
  • yaboi825

Alright thank you very much I will look into it.

• Alejandro_AC

You're welcome, greetings.