XC-840 USB ports stopped working after update leaving my keyboard and mouse not working

Sgould01
Sgould01 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited 4:16PM in All-In-One PCs

Why have my usb ports stopped working after update leaving my keyboard and mouse not working and me not being able to login to windows 11.

[Edited the topic title to include the topic issue.]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,240 Trailblazer

Hello! Can you tell me the exact model? Example: AN515-55-5890. Does the keyboard work in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sgould01

XC-840 Haven't tried in BIOS at the current time

• Sgould01

It let's me enter BIOS mode by pressing delete on boot up

• Baz19590
    Baz19590 Member Posts: 2 New User

My XC-840 Has done the same. Ran windows update, can't access the pc now. I will be returning it to where I bought it from.

• Sgould01

Hi Baz19590 can I ask how old your machine is/has been running up to that point?

• Sgould01

I spoke to Microsoft this morning too and they have assured me it's an Acer update that has done this

• Baz19590
    Baz19590 Member Posts: 2 New User

2 months old. bought on the 19/7/24

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,536 Trailblazer

Can you get into the BIOS? If that works, and you can use the keyboard and mouse to navigate the BIOS, we know it's an issue in the OS rather than hardware. That might just mean an OS reset or maybe a reinstall…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.