My PH315-55 Helios 300 Touchpad not working

jam_09
jam_09 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited 6:49AM in Predator Laptops

It is an issue for how many days. If I did not use my touchpad for 1day it will not work for 2-3 days and come back again. That's an issue I want to resolve, I already tried reinstalling and disabling the drivers but that did not work. I also tried to reinstall the I/O serial driver, unfortunately it also did not work. Trying to go to bios finding the touchpad settings there but there is no such thing.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,000 Trailblazer
    edited 6:47AM

Hi, try this, boot to BIOS and press Ctrl+S in MAIN screen to show Touchpad, verify that Touchpad is set to 12C HID and not to PS/2, if changed, save changes when exit BIOS. Boot to Windows and open Device Manager, uninstall all devices that have yellow exclamation triangles including the 12C HID device in Human Interface Devices, also uninstall any Synaptics and Elantech drivers you may have installed in Mice and other pointing devices or in Unknows/Other devices, check also the hidden devices (top menu). Just reboot and let Windows install the MS Precision driver. If that did not fix it you may have a hardware issue and I recommend bringing to laptop to Acer Services in your country to replace the TP cable and/or the Touchpad (not an expensive item).