Trouble Installing windows 11 from flash drive on Acer Nitro AN515-57-74TT

LokiInDE
LokiInDE Member Posts: 1 New User
edited 1:52AM in Nitro Gaming

I'm trying to install windows 11 from flash drive on AN515-57-74TT. I downloaded the IRST_Intel_18.6.1.1016.2_W10x64W11x64_A which is on the flash driver. When prompted for the missing driver I direct the driver detection to the IRST driver on the flash drive which makes allows the install process to see the target drive but it still tells me the media driver is missing and my only options are quit the install or keep looking. Is there a special set of BIOS options I need to change? I've tried both secure boot and TCM enabled and disabled. I have a supervisor password set but I don't have either user or HDD0 passwords, are one or both necessary? I'm booting from a windows 11 flash drive which I made on a Linux machine with dd if=win11.iso of=/dev/sda which seems to have made it read-only, but I have a bootable windows 10 drive in the laptop on boot which has the IRST drivers. From what I've read online it seems like it should work but hasn't yet. It seems like I'm close but not where I need to be. I'm hoping it's something simple. Anyone know what I'm missing or doing wrong?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]