Charging Cord Loose

Jstorms76
Jstorms76 Member Posts: 1 Newbie

I have an Acer Swift SF314-42 laptop and my charging cord has never fit right. It's terribly loose at the port. So it goes on and off charging if the cord gets bumped. My last Acer was the same way. I googled this issue and it seems to be a common problem with various models. I was going to order a new cord but on Amazon many say that replacement cord is still loose. I've had this laptop 2 years. I have no warranty. Anyone been through this?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,993 Trailblazer

Can you be more specific on the barrel plug power adapter, as a charger can be a USB-C charger and a cord can be the AC main power cord to the wall outlet?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,517 Trailblazer
    edited September 27

The Swift SF314-42 model laptop has its DC_IN port soldered onto the mainboard like its shown in the red circled caption below, if this barrel plug port is lose then you need to take your laptop to a technician near you that has a micro soldering setup so that he can resolder this port pins onto the mobo, if they are lose and/or the port is damaged or is faulty inside, as it might need replacing or replacing.

You can't do this work yourself so don't attempt it with any ordinary soldering iron no matter how small it is 😁 as you will cause more damage to the port mobo tracks, and the tracks can be damaged beyond repair and then you will not be able to charge the laptop with a barrel plug adapter.

Note: You can also charge this laptop at #2 USB-C port shown below, with a 65W 19V 2,1 amp USB-C charger as an alternative charger.

The barrel port plug of the SF314-42 laptop is a yellow end type size 1.1x3.0x7.7 for a 65W 2.1amp 19V adapter. Good luck and hope that this helps you out.

Laptop Left side DC_IN Port - Connects to an AC adapter & USB Type-C Port

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍