Acer Travel Mate p449-m Laptop issues

Francisco2024
Francisco2024 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited September 27 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hello,

I updated the drivers for the wireless adapter and laptop is not bootable. It has the blue LED lit up solid and the amber LED blinking. No way to turn it off by pushing and holding the power button. Travel mate p449-m running Windows 11.

Wireless adapter: intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,517 Trailblazer
    edited 12:48AM

Are you sure that your laptop model is the TravelMate P449-M as this laptop only operate s on max Win-10, as Acer first released this laptop in 2016 with its last revision model released in 2018 and it was fitted with an Intel® Core™ i7-6600UvProTM processor as its top spec cpu and there is no way that this laptop operates on a genuine Win-11 operating system, unless you have installed a Win-11 OS that doesn’t need the min Microsoft min specs, as a genuine Win-11 version 23H2 OSs can only operate on a min spec Intel 8th Gen cpu with a TPD 2.0 security chip mainboard.

Anyway, if you are unable to turn your laptop off from the power key, I suggest that you reset the battery from the underneath pin hole that is provided by Acer and shown below for your P449-M laptop, use a paperclip to do this in the highlighted place shown below, as then the battery will reset and you can reboot the laptop with the new Wi-Fi driver.

After the reboot and resetting the battery and the laptop reboots. I suggest that you do a WI-FI DRIVRER REFRESH like this:

Go to > Device Manager > Network adapters > Atheros NFA344 Wi-Fi Card your laptop has > right click the card Properties > Driver > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > and then pick the latest Wi-Fi driver that is in that list, and reinstall that driver, as afterwards your Wi-Fi card should work.

If the refresh doesn't work, then reinstall the Wireless LAN Driver (NFA344) driver from the Acer P449-M Support page. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍