C Drive running out of space

aquatic
aquatic Member Posts: 1 Newbie

I have an Aspire V 15 Black Edition laptop. My 'Acer (C:)' drive only has 10.7 GB free of 237 GB. What is the best of getting more space - moving program files to my Data (D:) drive which has 1.45TB free of 1.81TB, or should program files stay on the C drive?

Many thanks!

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,964 Trailblazer

Hi, don't ever move or even touch Windows system files as that will crash your laptop. Back up the boot drive to an external BU drive, replace the boot drive with a +2TB NVMe Gen4 SSD and restore the new drive with the external backup drive. Move the non-Windows files to your D: drive. I recommend using W7 BU "Create a system image" in Control panel.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 535

I would suggest performing a disk cleanup to delete temporary and unnecessary files on your computer. Also delete temporary internet files.
    Press Windows key+R together, type %temp%, select all and delete them.

Then go to C drive, right click->properties->general->disk cleanup->clean up system files->select temporary files and delete them.

Lastly, open settings->system->storage->configure storage sense->clean now. That should do the trick.

—————————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.