Nitro N50-600 BIOS update giving "can't load driver" error

Pixilate
Pixilate Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 26 in Predator Desktops

My work computer has been running slowly and crashing often, and is still running a very old BIOS: R01-A2. So I wanted to see if updating the BIOS would help with its performance issues. However, when I tried to flash it, it errored out because Windows Memory Integrity blocked a driver. Normally I would just disable the Memory Integrity and see what happens, but I don't want to risk a bad BIOS flash, especially since this is my work's computer as I said. The computer is a Nitro N50-600 desktop running Windows 11. Any suggestions?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,964 Trailblazer

Hi, in Window11 disable Memory Integrity and Microsoft Vulnerable Driver Blocklist in Windows Security->Core Isolation and try again to install the last BIOS.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,509 Trailblazer

You are 10 bios versions behind with your installed version R01-A2 to the last version R01-D1 to what the N50-600 desktop should have as allot of the bios updates are to enhance this computer performance and improve its operation with the OS like Win-10 version 19H2 and above OS versions which is to the desktops following:

• MCU Upgrade to C6: This likely refers to an update to the Microcontroller Unit (MCU) firmware. The MCU is responsible for managing various low-level hardware functions and ensuring efficient communication between the hardware and the operating system.
    • ME Upgrade to v12.0.45.1509: This update pertains to the Intel Management Engine (ME) firmware. The ME is a subsystem that provides various features and services for the processor, including security, manageability, and remote administration.
    • Support for 19H2: This indicates that the update is designed to ensure compatibility with the Windows 10 version 1909 (also known as 19H2). This version of Windows includes various performance improvements, security updates, and new features.

Its up to you if you want to upgrade to the last bios version R01-D1 as I can understand the predicament that you are in with this desktop being a work computer. But the fact still is that your work N50-600 is not up to date and doesn’t have the tools to perform better.

You can’t do anything else except either backup all your valuable work data and reinstall Win-10 Version 22H2 and update the bios to the last R01-D1 and then install all the appropriate Win-10 Version 22H2 updates and security update as that will fix your “work computer running slowly” or you can also upgrade this desktop from Win-10 Version 22H2 to Win-11 last version 23H2 as the N50-600 has the TMP 2.0 and the cpu specs to run Win-11 that is a better, faster operating system and will work perfectly with either the N50-600 Intel Gen 8 or Gen 9 cpu and the potential 64GB DDR4-2666MT/s ram. Good luck and hope this helps you out and outlines all the options that you have with this desktop.

Note: As an optional alternative and to improve this desktop specs to its highest with its existing mobo, upgrade the oem cpu to the top of the range N50-600 i9-9900 cpu and upgrade the ram to its max 645GB DDR4-2666MT/s (at 2x 32GB DDR4-2666MT/s) and upgrade to this desktops Acer top spec fitted gpu the GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 GPU.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍