Why does my BIOS recognize the USB as a hard disk in bios PO3-640?

Amjad__
Amjad__ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 26 in Predator Desktops

Hello acer community one year ago i bought the predator orion 3000 and had no issue until i wanted to reinstall win 11 caused i faced some probleme (dont ask me im not gonna tell its a long story) i want to reinstall windows from a usb but my pc thinks its a hard disk then when i go into bios it thinks its a hhd so i can only choose one partition from usb and my ssd now when i start the windows installion my pc dont find my ssd cause its think i only have one because i changed the partition i just want my pc to know that its a usb thank you if you can help me!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• Amjad__
    Amjad__ Member Posts: 2 New User

i did but the probleme in bios i can only change the partition in hard disk to usb or ssd i cant put it removable disk so when i usb install it thinks i only have the usb as my disk so i cant install on my ssd

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer

That is normal. diskpart doesn't know the differences between a HDD, SSD or flash drive. They are all just 'disks' to it. Likely the issue you are seeing is due to the Windows install image not including the IRST drivers from Intel. Just download them from the Acer support site and extract them to a folder on the install flash drive. When you get to the point during the installation when it asks where to install, choose "load drive" and install the IRST drivers. Your drive will then show up as a possible target for the installation.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tech6g
    tech6g Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited 9:11AM

If your BIOS recognizes a USB drive as a hard disk on your PO3-640 system, it’s likely due to the USB drive's partition structure or the way it’s configured. USB drives formatted with a Master Boot Record (MBR) or set up as bootable can be detected as hard disks. To resolve this, check your USB drive’s format and ensure it’s correctly partitioned (e.g., as FAT32 or exFAT for general storage). You can also change the boot order in the BIOS to prioritize internal drives. If the issue persists, disconnect other USB devices and update the BIOS firmware to the latest version.