Acer Swift - Unable to get driver and or BIOS updates for windows 11

Martin_Mine1
Martin_Mine1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 10:57AM in Swift and Spin Series

I have an Acer Swift with SNID XXXX and has been running windows 11 for years.

When I go to Acer update site the only option presented and available are updates for windows 10, I find this extremely hard to believe.

I seem to be running into some technical issues for which I cannot believe that Acer only provides driver and BIOS updates for windows 10 and only goes as far as 2022, that is what the Acer website is showing.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance!

[Edited the topic title to include model number and to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,887 Trailblazer

Windows11 was not offered to W10 users till mid 2022 and that is only 2 years ago, we cannot read SNIDS or SERIAL numbers, you have to post your full laptop Swift model like SF315-51. BTW this model has issues running Window11 as there are no W11 drivers available.

• Martin_Mine1
    Martin_Mine1 Member Posts: 2 New User

Exactly, I have been running it for years….

I've had no issues whatsoever running windows 11 on this model and why would there not be any updates available for windows 11 when it's already running on it for years?

It doesn't make any sense…

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,466 Trailblazer

As suggested, we really need to know what computer you have before we can even guess as to an answer. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. If Acer isn't showing drivers for Windows 11 on your specific model, then they might not have fully functional drivers for all included peripherals… The OS would work, but some drivers would have problems.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.